Monday 10 June 2013

Twilight Zone

So I have finished exams but I'm waiting for my results. I've secured a graduate job so I shouldn't be nervous right? The hard work is over...but I am feeling anxious. All the years of preparation leading up to one day. Family members and friends are all telling me 'well done' as if the degree certificate is already hanging on my wall! All I can do is trust in God and hope for the best. I am returning to University tomorrow after a few days at home recuperating. I've also visited friends in London, taken a trip to Scotland and been to Manchester in the past 2 weeks all filling up the twilight time...


As I am getting ready for my last few days at my university I have been feeling quite nostalgic. I look at things and think 'when will I see this again?'. Don't get me wrong, I am ready to leave and move on but that means admitting to being a grown up, an adult, with adult responsibilities. Working the 9-5, paying bills, being the 'youngest in the office', and hearing things like 'you're so young, I wish I was your age again'. Well guess what? Being young isn't all it's cracked up to be. Lack of life experience often leaves me questioning my decisions, but one can't spend forever debating all the options carefully before you make a choice, as they say: 'time waits for no man'. On the other hand, having a 'YOLO' attitude (I detest that phrase!) isn't good either. Diving headfirst into things can often leave one thinking I should have taken the time to put on some safety gear in the form of knowledge/research.

Anyway before this ends up dragging on I just want to wish all those waiting for a big result good luck and God bless! Let me know what you are waiting for in the comments and how you deal with waiting?

Fi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment